Friday, September 23, 2011

My Journey Begins

I'm heading out the door in a few minutes.  My bags are packed after at least 1/2 a dozen tries.  I had to leave behind things I never thought I could live without....I just bribed myself that if I couldn't survive I could always go buy another.  Odd how we can trick ourselves like that.  It's like setting the clock back 10 minutes so you're always on time! 

Because we'll be driving with the morning commute traffic (how do people do that every day!) we're needing to leave extra early to get me to the airport on time.  But I don't mind, it will be over 2 hours alone in the car with Shawn.  It will be nice to have that time with him just before I leave.  I cannot even express how much I am going to miss him.  And my kids!  And my dogs!  OK....no more of that!  I don't want to start crying again.

SFO here I come!  A short (hopefully) layover in San Diego then I'll be in Nashville by dinner time!

Shawn bought me a point and shoot camera as a gift for my trip, so I'll be sure to take some lovely photos of all the sites I'll be seeing to share with you all!

Talk to you soon!






1 comment:

flying fish said...

I love that you see 2 hours of commute time as good because you get to spend it with Shawn. Have a wonderful trip, can't wait to hear about it~