Sunday, May 27, 2007

I totally forgot about the other two projects I am working on and have deadlines for....well, technically it's more than two...it's two ideas, making several projects! LOL

I am participating again this year in the Bead Artist Trading Card Swap that I started back in 2004! I've really got to get that site updated and get the cards from 2006 added! OK...three projects....
My good friend, Wendy, agreed to be the swap mistress for this year. Thank heavens! It's a great swap, but I just didn't have the time or energy to deal with the actual swapping this year.

And I am also in two swaps with Bead Unique Magazine. I've received all the swap beads already, but I've only started one project using beads from several different particpants from Swap 1. So, dependant upon time, I will make at least this project, and hopefully a few more.
We're to have everything completed by the
Sonoma Art Glass & Bead Festival where we will join Pam Hawkins for a champagne brunch and show off our creations from the swap! What fun!

Here is the Summer/Fall schedule I am trying to work around...
~ June ~
Bead & Button Show - Milwaukee, WI
Fly out of SF June 5th
Fly home June 11th

The following week I am flying Shawn out to Santa Fe, to spend a few days with his uncle and relax! Part of his b'day present.

~ July ~
Puget Sound Bead Festival, Tacoma, WA
Not sure who's driving or who's flying yet....cuz you know it's always more cost effective and less stressful to wait until the last minute! ::::major eye roll::::

~ August ~
1st - 6th Mini vacation for me!
I'll be attending this
Bead Retreat with my bestest friend Betcey who'll be flying out from Colorado for it. I cannot freakin' wait!

Sonoma Wine Country Art Glass & Bead Festival
9th - 12th
Out On A Whim is sponsoring a bunch of the food for the
Taste of Sonoma event on Friday night. Out On A Whim is donating Precious Metal Clay for a free Make-it~Take it demo on Saturday.
We'll have a private exhibitor room to ourselves for the show.
And I am teaching two classes:
Friday
An Introduction to PMC
Sunday Razzleberry Necklace

19th -26th
I'll be attending the Metal Clay World Conference in Las Vegas. 4 full days of classes, several additional hands on workshops and lectures. It'll be a blast, but it's also to further my education in this medium.

(apparently the month of August I will playing Wonder Woman!)

~ September ~
Tentative Gem Faire in Ontario, CA (personally? I'd rather not!)

~ October ~
New York! I'll be teaching 3 classes at The Big Apple Art Glass & Bead Festival
Flight dates are not set. But I should fly in the 16th, so that I can teach well by the 18th. The show is the weekend of the 19th - 21st. I believe I am teaching the 18th, 19th and 20th.
I'll teach An Intro to PMC, Metal Clay Beads and Metal Clay Clasps and Tags.

We'll not be exhibiting at this show, but Shawn is suppose to come out with me.
(My siblings are planning to meet me in NY around the 21st and we will then do a road trip down to FL and then through the southern states and back home again to CA! Wow!...more on this later as news develops!)

~ November ~
Bay Area Bead Extravaganza! (BABE!)
Our second best show of the year.
Show dates are the 10th & 11th
I am teaching two classes...I believe on the 9th & 10th.
And Intro to PMC and the Metal Clay Beads class again.
I will then return home, fall into my bed and not get up again until next year!




No comments: