Thursday, October 29, 2009

Autumn Inspirations

I absolutely LOVE Fall!

I love the colors, the smells, the sounds, the angle of the sun and the way it lights my yard in the morning and at dusk. I love the foods of autumn, rich stews, warm soups, baking bread and pies. I love building a toasty fire and settling into my chair to bead while I listen to the fire crackling and warming my home. I love sweaters and scarves and boots!

And most of all I love how all of these things inspire my beadwork. It seems every Autumn I am overwhelmed with beady ideas. It is like my Muse just awakens completely when the weather changes to a slight chill in the air. And I always head for these shades of beads:

Here is a bracelet and accompanying tutorial I created inspired by this image:

And a few years ago, I created this necklace, also inspired by that same image and also beaded in the Fall:
I ended up making this project into a kit and it has sold very well for several years now. But just recently I looked at it again and thought it would be fun to make similar leaves (and maybe even in those same colors because they are so freakin' beautiful!) and make a new necklace...maybe a lariat style with the leaves falling down one side that twines around the other side?

I think I need to get a pot of soup on...maybe a nice crusty loaf of bread in the oven? Light a crackling fire and GET THOSE BEADS OUT!

3 comments:

BeadsForever said...

Enjoyed reading your post today. The picture and your creations are both very inspiring. Love the leaves necklace!

Crazy Mama said...

what an awesome necklace! love those leaves!

sharon said...

I happened to find your blog by luck, and wow, I am so glad I did! I started out seed beading, and went to wire, and am trying to do some beading projects for myself, they are so meditative to me. Your pieces here are gorgeous! The leaves are amazing, but the bracelet calls to me...it looks os organic...really beautiful!